Your right to cancel
- You can cancel your order for any reason from the date on which you place your order until 14 days after the day on which the product is delivered. After this period your right to cancel expires.
- If you have ordered more than one product from the same Artist in the same transaction, and these products are being delivered on different days, your right to cancel the order expires 14 days after the day on which you received the last of the products ordered from that Artist.
- If you have ordered products from more than one Artist in the same online order, your right to cancel will expire, in respect of each Artist, in accordance with clauses 1 and 2 above and each Artist order will be a separate contract despite being made as a collective online order.
- Please note that your legal right to cancel does not apply in respect of:
- any made-to-measure or custom-made products or products made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- any sealed products which cannot be returned due to health protection or hygiene reasons if they have been opened or unsealed by you, for example, earrings; and
- any products which have been mixed inseparably with other items by you after delivery.
How to notify us that you wish to cancel
- If you wish, you can use our online “contact us” form to cancel your order. A copy of this form can be found here CONTACT-US. Once you have filled it in, tick the CAPTCHA box and click the “send email” box. It would be helpful to write “Order Cancellation” in the Subject field. Please specify which products you wish to return, your full name and the name of the relevant Artist in the main message. This email constitutes a Cancellation Notice.
We would recommend that you tick the “Send Copy to Yourself” box to keep a copy of your Cancellation Notice for your own records.
- Your Cancellation Notice will take effect on the date on which you send it to us.
Returning the unwanted product
- If you have already received the product when you decide to cancel your order then you will need to return the product to the relevant Artist. This should be done as follows, either:
- send the product and a completed copy of your Cancellation Notice back to the Artisan by post within 14 days of the date on which you email your Cancellation Notice. You are responsible for the delivery costs for returning the products.
- If you are returning the product by post, we would recommend that you obtain from the post office, evidence of posting and keep a copy of this.
- You are responsible for the costs of returning the unwanted product unless you are returning it because it is faulty.
Taking care of the product
- You have a legal obligation to take the utmost care of the product whilst it is in your possession and are responsible for the risk of damage during transit if you send it back to us. If on inspection of any products which you return, we (or the Artist) believes that the goods are damaged or their value has been diminished as a result of your handling of the goods beyond what would have been necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods then we may deduct an amount equal to the damage or diminishment in value from the refund owed to you.